Re: Icons

On 7/4/05, Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie> wrote:

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, Corey Burger wrote:

Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 12:26:17 -0700
From: Corey Burger <corey burger gmail com>
To: dia-list gnome org
Subject: Icons

Hello all,

After loading the Gimp, inkscape and dia, I was saddened to see that
the dia ones are, to be honest, kind of ugly.

That is not a particularly helpful or constructive way of putting it.

Sorry, I did not mean it that way.

There is already bugzilla report [1] addressing this issue, and steps are
being taken to switch to an icon set more in line with the rest of Gnome.
Last I checked there were a few details that needed more work but this is
something I expect will be taken care of before the next release (if it is
not already in CVS).

My thought was to start a dialog with the gimp and inkscape people to
stanardise on one set of nice icons, common across the 3 applications.

It is not that simple.  Many of the tools are slightly different and a
direct mapping is not entirely appropriate.

True, but there a number where they are the same, such as a pointer,
or the scroll, and those are the ones that jump out.

I believe I saw something on the gnome wiki about extended the
standard icon set further. This would be something that could be done
for all gnome apps (most already do).

Cheers,

Corey