gnome-print support

I was curious if gnome-print support has been dropped? After googling a bit, I see that the old gnome-print interface was once supported, at least experimentally, and traces of that code still remain.. i.e., ./configure --enable-gnome-print throws an error stating gnome-print depends upon libxml1, but libxml2 is installed. Obviously, this is deprecated as gnome-print >= 2.2 builds against libxml2.

Is there any way to compile with gnome-print support? The print dialog is so unappealing to the eye :-) (no offense, great application)

-Brian