Re: Patch: UML component resizing

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 01:26, Toni Prug wrote:
Hello maintainers,

i find UML component object to be to un-practical to use.
Apart from two left side bumps being too big and taking too much space,
and appearing as a visual noise to an extent, major issue i have is the
auto-risizing according to the text inputed.

They actually ought to at least be placed reasonably, maybe resized,
according to component size.  They look really stupid on a big
component.  Not sure how exactly they're suppose to behave during
resize, though.

 It's the ability to arbitrarily resize
component object that was crucial for me to be able to use Dia instead of
propriatory Erwin. Component objects are still enalarged as the text is
typed into them - i didn't touch that feature.

Patch is against todays CVS.

Thank you, I have applied it to the devel branch.

You may want to look at Flowchart - Box to a slightly better
implementation.  This one has the weirdness that if you pick the
top-left corner and resize it smaller than its minimum size, you
actually move it.  That is not quite the way it should be.

-Lars