Re: very irritative problem

On 23 Jul 2003, Rajarshi Guha wrote:
Hi,
I'm using dia 0.9.1 under RH9. I;m facing a very irritating problem
and I dont know whether I'm missing something or this is a bug.

Say I draw a 4 by 4 grid using lines and then select all the points into
one group. Now selecting all the points and doing Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V
gives me a copy of my grid on the sheet.

So these are zero-length lines making a grid?  Joined in a group?

But now when I go to move the copy of the grid, I get the four headed
arrow but it does not move the grid. In the end I have unselect the
second grid, reselect it and then *sometimes* it will move. This becomes
more of a problem when the second grid overlaps the first since then
selecting the second grid results in some points of the first grid being
selected and then it all ends up in a mess.

Can't reproduce this at all.  Do you have Snap to Grid turned on with a
really big grid?  Sounds silly, but it's the only thing I can think of that
matches your description.  Does this happen with other kinds of objects
ever?

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause)| HÃrdgrim of Numenor