Icons [Re: bug in dia (windows 2000, dia Version 0.9)]

On 31 Jan 2003, Lars Clausen wrote:

That's a different issue from what we were talking about.  We were talking
about images with transparency inserted in a diagram that is then
exported.  Transparent background for PNG is a different matter entirely,
and I'm not sure how to go about doing that.

I will give it more thought.

but when i
am exporting to .shape files, it would save me quite a bit of effort if
the background transparent not white.

Actually, I've come to like having a colored background on the icons.  Put
a pastel box behind the shape and export as PNG.  It also makes it easier
to adjust the size of the icon.

Keep in mind the usability dangers of colour coding (colour blindness,
differnt colour perception, monitor not set to Full/High colour).
beauty is in the eye the beholder.

I quite like having consistanly sized 22x22 icons.  I dont like how it
looks if you the icons are not all of the same area.
I had considered doing the icons of my next sheet at 36x36 (windows) or
48x48 (gnome) to allow more convenient reuse.

Talk more later.
Gotta go see a Samuel Beckett play.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan