Re: print preview

On 16 Jan 2003, Chris Sperandio wrote:

While I'm probably alone in this... working in PowerPoint and Word all

You are not alone! (but nor do i think it is likely that anyone will go to
the effort of adding this feature).

day at work (not my choice), it would be helpful to me if there was a
way to only show a single page instead of multiple pages with page
breaks.  I know the same information is already there but most of my
diagraming needs to look right on one page and this sort of goes back to
how Dia handles scaling in the first place.  I don't know how the
interface would work in choosing between views or how this can be

In a consistant and standard way that is how.  It makes sense to do these
kinds of multiple views in a similar way to how MSOffice does them.

implemented.  Just an idea to make Dia a little more similar to some
other diagraming apps for users that want it.

While pondering this "Page Layout" idea i threw together some Dia files
which use layers to give a feeling of being more like a page layout.

http://www.netsoc.tcd.ie/~horkana/dia/

http://www.netsoc.tcd.ie/~horkana/dia/templates/View-PrintLayout_FakePage01Portrait.dia
http://www.netsoc.tcd.ie/~horkana/dia/templates/View-PrintLayout_FakePage02Landscape.dia

Sincerely