Re: RFC : Proposal for new simple GTK2-based DIA API [was Re: Dia Python]

--- Lars Clausen <lrclause cs uiuc edu> wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, James Michael DuPont wrote:
[snip]
Well, I will review the differences, as far as I can tell,
does the current API does have a clean separation between the
implementation and the inteface?

Yes it does.  The diagram structure is separate from the rendering
structure is separate from the interface.  Please familiarize
yourself with
the code before suggesting mass changes -- adopting a new API like
that
would require changing every single object, a major and bugprone
project
just to change API arbitrarily.  If you have some arguments why your
API is
better than the current, please tell us.

ok. I will. Thanks for the reality check.

Plus I would like to have a clean model for scripting. It will be
easier to aggree on a simple new model, and modify existing code to
work with it than to try and upgrade the existing.

No, it'd be easier to agree on a simple old model that's already
implemented and has been working for many releases.

ok. Then I will do a point by point analysis of the current model and
get back to you.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont