Re: XML

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, James Michael DuPont wrote:

--- Lars Clausen <lrclause cs uiuc edu> wrote:
On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, James Michael DuPont wrote:

My biggest concern with the dotty program is that we are supporting
non-free software. Creating a direct dependancy on a software that
is
not compatible with the GPL. The software would have to be
distributed
with dia to use this feature.

As long as Dia don't require dot to compile/run, there's no problem
with
interaction.  Having the ability to call out to dot when available is
good thing.

Would you consider also directly supporting the VCG tool?
it produces modest results, and is GPLEd. We need at least some basic
support for multiple graph file formats. The VcG layout algorithm can
be directly embedded into Dia.

Certainly.  I wasn't aware of its existence.  Perhaps we can steal some
autolayout for autorouting.

-Lars