Re: [long] lots of problems, you did ask ... [was Re: RC1 stats]

I think the dia wrapper should test for the existence of
the HOME variable, and set it if it doesn't exist. Perhaps
it already does that? Anyway, this would allow _you_ to
set HOME in your AUTOEXEC.BAT if you want.

im not going to argue over the choice of directory.
other programs dont use wrapper scripts on windows, it does not seem
right to me ill bet there is an
appropriate registry setting for the home variable, if i had time i would
look into it further.

quick look at the installer script
ReadRegStr $0 HKEY_CURRENT_USER "Environment" "HOME"
IfErrors HomeIsNotSet HomeIsSet
HomeIsNotSet:
WriteRegStr HKEY_CURRENT_USER "Environment" "HOME" "%USERPROFILE%"
HomeIsSet:

a bit of research and tweaking work on the installer and it should be
doable to set the variable in the registry and avoid the wrapper script
entirely.

I would suggest that the default zoom level should be what is
currently 200%.

I agree. I find myself always zooming before doing any
work in dia.

It would be great if dia could be set to
(centi)meters rather than inches based on my locale (but im
geussing this is another win32 flaw).

Dia is set to (centi)meters on this Linux box. Why is that
different under Windows?

i think i have made a mistake.  i think maybe i am just getting confused
by the fact that what Dia calls 100% does not relate to the actual
physical size of a page.

So i just want to reemphasise my point about the Zoom level then.

Sincerely
Alan Horkan