RE: OT: Window Managers for Widnows (RE: OT!!! -- Window Managers)

Yes, you do need a "wierd" add on. It's called "Multidesk" --
I've used it
for some time with no problems under Win32 systems. It really is quite
slick.
Here is a page talking about just about everything but multidesk:

http://www.xdesksoftware.com/vdesk.html

Here is a page with download links for multidesk in particular:

http://www.winsite.com/bin/Search?q=multidesk&x=0

Tim,

Thanks for the response.  An add-on is what I was looking for.  I downloaded
and installed Multimate, however, and it wasn't quite what I was looking
for.  From what I have read, my understanding of window managers on X is
that they provide not only virtual desktops, but the ability to learn and
remember the windows associated with an application and their positions
between sessions.  So when you you start the application again, you do not
need to spend time setting everything up to your liking.  If virtual
desktops are used, some window managers can even remember which one to open
an application on.  This is particularly useful for applications like Dia
and GIMP, which don't use a multiple document interface (MDI) or even a
Single Document Interface (SDI); toolbars, documents, palettes et al all
have their own windows.

Does anyone know of an application for Windows that has some or all of these
features?

Thanks again,
Rob Campbell
rob campbell att net