Re: Visible UML Comments

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, mattam netcourrier com wrote:
On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 09:01:37AM -0500, Lars Clausen wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, mattam netcourrier com wrote:

Well, the menu code was much of an experiment and I didn't finish it
:) I'm gonna fix this right now, thanks for the pointer.  I'll add
switches for attributes and operations visibility as well.  Any other
switch someone think of ?

Abstract class, template class, maybe Suppress Attributes/Operations (I
never liked that visible+suppressed thing, is that a normal UML thing?

      I attached a patch for the class object menu with switches for
visible comments, attributes or operations, and abstract and template
class toggles.  It uses a workaround to have the menu labels dynamically
change (show/hide).

As I threatened, I added to the object menu structure the ability to use
CheckMenuItems.  What was formerly just a boolean field active is now a
flag field with flags

DIAMENU_ACTIVE -- user can select the item
DIAMENU_TOGGLE -- this item is a CheckMenuItem
DIAMENU_TOGGLE_ON -- this CheckMenuItem should be checked.

I think that should cover the things you want to do, so you don't need to
do that workaround, but can just have a static structure like in line.c

      I'm not sure Template class switch is useful, since you need to
type formal parameters, but why       not?

Oh, right.  Doesn't make much sense, then.  The checkbox for Template class
in the dialog should go away, then.

      I do not understand what suppress attributes/operations do, as
they have the same behavior as show attributes/operations. Am I wrong?
Anyway I don't think they have anything to do with UML, so we can get
rid of it if nobody sees it as a must.

They were added by Alex.

-Lars