Changes in GTK+ master that affect third parties

I thought I should bring this to the attention of the wider public:
The GTK+ master branch is taking serious steps towards GTK3 now, and
one step on this way is to make GTK3 and GTK 2.x parallel installable.
We will install a gtk+-x11-3.0.pc file, which contain all the adjusted paths,
but there will probably still be some manual Makefile adjustment
necessary to make e.g. theme engines install in the right place.

Unfortunately, it is unavoidable to have theme engines, pixbuf loaders
and other modules installed (and built) separately for 2.x and 3.0.

In detail, the new locations and names are:

- pc files are               gtk+-x11-3.0.pc, etc
- header files go in     /usr/include/gtk-3.0
- shared libs are now  $libdir/libgtk-x11-3.0.so
- modules (theme engines, input methods, etc)

$libdir/gtk-3.0/3.0.0/{engines,immodules,loaders,...}
- utilities like gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders will be installed with a '-3.0' suffix
- introspection data will live in Gtk-3.0.gir

I'll do a 2.90 snapshot this week so that people can start adjusting
their build systems to this.

Matthias