Re: [gnome-desktop-testing] setting a queryEditableText

Hi Leo,

You're trying to change something that's read-only. The file name isn't editable until you start to rename the file. Right-click>Rename... or F2 will both do the trick. Once you do that, you need to make sure you get the child object for the edit field, not for the file icon. This was a little more obvious when we had a semi-working LDTP script recorder but you can still get an example with accerciser.

Fire it up, drill down to the contents of the folder, and find your file. Open the Interface Viewer tab. You'll note that the Text field, when expanded, lets you view the name of the folder but not edit it. Now in Nautilus, right-click the file and pick Rename... A new object will appear in accerciser at the bottom of the list in the same container. It will have the text box icon. In Interface Viewer, the Text property is listed as (Editable) and, indeed, the text can be changed there which updates it in Nautilus.

So as far as writing a test, you'd have to set focus to the icon, press F2 or pick Rename... from the context menu, then getchild on the parent container to get the edit box. Hope that makes sense.