Re: [gnome-desktop-testing] LDTP script without accessibility layer enabled

Hello Javier,

On 04/06/10 17:41, Javier Collado wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your response James.
>
> On 06/04/2010 05:01 AM, James Tatum wrote:
>> Is it a GUI app that launches LDTP based tests by chance? :)
>
> Well in fact is an LDTP script that is supposed to work under checkbox-gtk,
> which makes me think isn't possible, since mago tests are not different than
> that and, as far as I know, they don't really work fine.
>
>> For completeness sake, there are both ldtp and ldtp2 functions that don't
>> require a11y. In ldtp, these are the ltsp functions [1]. In ldtp2, they are
>> wnck based and as far as I know include only maximizewindow, minimizewindow,
>> unmaximizewindow, unminimizewindow, activatewindow, and closewindow.
>
> Uhm, looking at the script what I see are methods such as: waittillguiexist,
> enterstring, click.
>
> I guess these methods require accessibility layer, don't they?

James is right. If you start an application with launchapp (in LDTP2),
it enables the accessibility for that application dynamically.

Everything in that app will be accessible and, therefore, if you are
using waittillguiexist with that app, that would work.

In mago, the problem, is that the mago runner checks for a11y in your
session, and exits if it is not enabled. This is sometimes not
desirable, that's why I recently added to the mago runner (it is in the
trunk of mago) an option (--noa11y) to avoid this check.

So, if you run, in an environment without a11y enabled the following:

$ PYTHONPATH=. ./bin/mago --no11y -a gedit

it will work.

Please, let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Ara.