Feature Proposal - Sushi

Hi everyone,

It's too late for feature proposal, but I've been encouraged to post
this here anyway.

Sushi [1] is a quick previewer application, targeting integration with
file managers such as Nautilus - you can read more about it in a blog
post I wrote some time ago [2], but it works in a similar way to OSX
Quicklook and Gloobus-Preview [3].

The project is still very young (I've been working on and off on it in
the last month or so), but it's working well already, it supports quite
a lot of file formats and Nautilus 3.1.1 can already make use of it, if
it's installed on the system (no strict dependencies are required, since
its start-up is implemented as a DBus-activated service). I envision
this could be also useful outside of Nautilus, (GtkFileChooser comes to
mind, but it might be useful for Finding and Reminding/Journal too?),
but I don't yet have grand integration plans for it.

The project uses the GNOME infrastructure, depends on a number of
libraries of our platform already (Clutter, GTK+, WebKitGTK, GStreamer)
and a couple of other popular external libraries (libmusicbrainz,
GtkSourceView support is in the pipeline) but it's still lacking a
Bugzilla product (it could probably even use a Nautilus component for
it).

So, with the new moduleset arrangement, does this qualify as a "OS
feature"? Does this need to go under some sort of approval/discussion
outside of the Nautilus forums? We didn't use to propose new features
for modules already in the desktop moduleset, but I've now been
encouraged to write about this project as targeting a feature.
This case is probably a bit borderline, as it's technically a new module
(so it would map to the old "new module proposal" process we used to
have), but it's used only by one application (Nautilus) currently...the
end result is I'm a bit confused :)

[1] http://git.gnome.org/browse/sushi
[2] http://blogs.gnome.org/cosimoc/2011/04/29/sushi/
[3] http://gloobus.net/