Re: no way to change theme or fonts in System Settings?

On Thu, 2011-03-17 at 13:33 +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi Allan,
>
> Allan Day wrote:
> > Note: I don't think we should be 'recommending' such a tool as a part of
> > the GNOME 3 experience. GNOME 3 is great as is, and people shouldn't
> > need to change it. If they desperately want to tweak, they can, of
> > course; and John has provided an easy way to do it (go John!)
>
> This, of course, depends on your definition of tweaking. If you want to
> change the theme, background, speaker volume or the printer you'd like
> to print to by default, that's not tweaking, that's configuration.

Changing the theme is tweaking, changing the colours of it or changing
the background is personalisation, changing the speaker volume is a
setting (if it can even be called that), changing the default printer is
definitely a setting.

We support personalisation, and settings, but not tweaking. Also see
discussions about the content of the Android and iOS app stores (where
best-sellers on Android are tweak tools, vs. real applications that do
thins on iOS, we definitely want to follow the latter category, but you
can still have tweak tools without jailbreaking GNOME :)