Jump Lists / Quick Lists / Dash Embellishments in GNOME 3

Hi All,

I see that Ubuntu has merged [1] their implementation of 'quick lists'
[2], and also offer ways to embellish their application launcher icons
with numbers and progress bars.

Is there a plan describing how these things might fit with gnome-shell
(or not)? [5] leaves this part unspecified.

As I understood it, quick lists were meant to be supported upstream via
exported GApplication actions [4], gtk offers GtkNumerableIcon [5] (but
nothing in the dash), and there is no progress bar equivalent. Is this a
correct summary, and is there a recommendation to application authors
how similar things might be done in GNOME3?

Regards,

John

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Unity/LauncherAPI
[2] AKA Windows 7 jump lists