Re: Call to maintainers: GNOME 2.31 to ship GTK 2.90

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 6:12 AM, Sebastien Bacher <seb128 ubuntu com> wrote:

[...]

>  our one CD constraint will make
> challenging to ship 2 versions of the GTK stack.

I would take this a somewhat seriously, if it did not come from the
distribution that embraced desktop-couch and 60+ M of erlang
dependencies...

> Realistically we aim at doing the packaging work and getting GTK3 in
> shape and in main this cycle but not in the default installation, we
> have planned the GNOME3 transition for Ubuntu over 2 cycles.

So the upshot is that GNOME3 will be happening without contributions
from your side, while your team is busy building their own desktop
experience with Ayatana and unity. Thats ok, lets just be honest about
it and stop pretending.

Matthias