Re: Platform

On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 14:05 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> D-Bus -- Inter-process messaging system.  Lots of stuff is
> built on it.  How much do we want to push it directly?

given KDE also uses it, and that it's our IPC framework, we should
really be pushing it a lot. As others have said, it's a very important
thing these days, specially if desktop services (session, power manager,
etc) provide access to them via D-Bus

> Various D-Bus services and APIs -- DeviceKit, PolicyKit,
> ConsoleKit, I think there's something for power management,
> etc.  Are these things we expect applications developers
> to use directly?  What's our message?

again, these offer ISDs distro and desktop independence, so it's
something to push a lot also :-)
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>