Re: Migrating existing git repos to git.gnome.org

On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 16:17 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 07:47 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> > Does it work if we just delete the svn => gimp import and you follow the
> > new module import procedure described in:
>
> I guess this will work -- can you please delete the gnome-packagekit
> repo and I'll re-create it and push again later tonight.

Your "I guess" here worries me a bit that I don't understand the
situation. :-)

As I understood it, you had a git repository (from packagekit.org) and
you were trying to overwrite the imported git.gnome.org repository with
it completely.

Is there some reason that is different than just using create-repository
to create an empty repository and pushing into it?

I've moved the imported gnome-packagekit.git away. If you want it back,
let me know.

- Owen