Re: Gnome Desktop synchronization

On Sat, 2009-04-04 at 14:17 +0100, John Carr wrote:
<snip>
> Bluetooth pairing integration. When you pair a device you tick a sync
> checkbox. And paired devices with that flag will be synced to the
> configured GNOME PIM application.

We discussed that with John last year, and that's pretty straight given:
- API to discover what the device supports, we can do half of it from
the wizard itself, although it would need quite a bit more knowledge
about the device than it currently does
- an API to set up those associations/groups
And the hardest part:
- *A decent UI for those setups*

The good news is that I now control the Bluetooth UI (in
gnome-bluetooth), so we can move it in the direction we want, and I'll
be proposing it for 2.28.