Re: dconf

On 04/03/2009 10:59 AM, Ryan Lortie wrote:
Hi

Havoc Pennington wrote:
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
Schemas are nice, IMHO, so it'd be nice to have people (not necessarily
you) explore this problem space ;-)

s/nice/essential/

It is true that dconf has no schemas, and I don't want for it to have
schemas. GSettings contains schemas. These schemas are considered to be
part of the application (in the same sense that you would consider a
GtkBuilder file, for example) and therefore do not appear in any way in
the underlying settings database (that's dconf).

But that still doesn't solve the problem of using the same key from two totally different applications, which is not quite uncommon these days.
Say, font size, colors, default applications, etc.  How does that work?

behdad

Don't worry -- I'm not totally insane :)

Cheers