Re: dconf

2009/4/3 Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>:
> Le jeudi 02 avril 2009, à 12:31 -0400, Ryan Lortie a écrit :
>> One thing that dconf is missing that GConf gives you, however, is
>> schemas.  You could get this by using dconf as a backend from the gconf
>> daemon.  It seems like this is sort of missing the point, though.
>
> [...]
>
>> This is honestly a problem space that I haven't spent too much time
>> exploring, but there are certainly possibilities here.
>
> Schemas are nice, IMHO, so it'd be nice to have people (not necessarily
> you) explore this problem space ;-)
>
> Quick question: does dconf support multiple sources? (so it's possible
> to have default/mandatory values, for example)

Another question that I'm curious about is, how hard would it be to
implement configuration snapshots?

I think it would be quite useful to be able to make snapshots of the
configuration for failsafe sessions or plain backup/rollbacks.

Is this something that would require big changes on the current
dconf's architecture/roadmap?