More useful terminal windows

I have recently been experimenting with terminal windows (profiles);
see my other post (PLEASE!).

Once thing I would like to be able to do is add buttons on the top
of the terminal window (same row as edit probably) such that
the buttons invoke commands when clicked.
The output of the command should probably be displayed on the terminal.
A simple solution would be to have a small number of buttons for each
terminal whose default behavior is to do nothing and not be displayed.
The user can then edit the buttons to set what they are to do;
something similar to what is done with terminal profiles now.

Hope you find this idea interesting.
Thanks for listening

Ralph Boland

--
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach man to fish and he'll catch every fish there is