Re: WebKit release cycle and dependency request

Hi Alp,

Le mercredi 16 avril 2008, à 08:10 +0100, Alp Toker a écrit :
> As a result of the productive collaboration with the GNOME project and
> after consultation with the GNOME board and release team, we've decided
> to implement a stable 6-month release cycle that matches the GNOME
> schedule, effective immediately, targeting the upcoming 2.24 release.

That's cool to hear. What kind of changes will go in a stable branch?
ie, once WebKit/GTK+ "2.24.0" (this probably won't be the version that
you'll use, but I'm using this for the sake of clarity) is released,
what kind og changes will go in the "2.24" branch (and end up in
WebKit/GTK+ "2.24.1", .2 and .3)?

> Accessibility
> =============
>
> In the last few weeks we've started to look at formal accessibility
> support for document navigation and manipulation. The first WebCore
> patches have landed and we intend to provide AT-SPI accessibility for
> the 2.24 release. This is partly in response to requests from the
> community and Yelp developers.

So looking back at the previous discussion that happened on d-d-l,
accessibility seems to be the only important blocker. Do you have any
estimation of when this will be ready?

Accessibility-knowledgeable people: is it fine to not have ARIA support,
or is it a requirement?

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.