Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18

The stand is there, it has a big sticker 'GNOME' and some nice people
from Ubuntu took the honeurs thinking that the GNOMEs were absent only
for today. Too bad it got cancelled. In fact, the Ubuntu guy did not
always did a good job of explaining GNOME. One fair attendee came to
the KDE stand saying: "so what's this KDE desktop? I came from the
GNOME stand and they were a competitor but now redundant due to a
license change." That was rather funny. I tried to clarify that
neither is redundant and that we're getting closer all the time.
Nevertheless, they put a nice demo system up.

2006/10/23, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>:
On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 21:21 +0200, Jos van den Oever wrote:
> Today I was demo-ing KDE at the Systems in Munich and the GNOME
> presenter across from me in the GNOME booth told me about this
> discussion [1]
[snip]

GNOME are not at Systems. The booth was cancelled. But we have fans
everywhere.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com