Re: fam vs. gamin

On 9/30/06, Josselin Mouette <joss debian org> wrote:
Le vendredi 29 septembre 2006 à 10:56 -0400, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> This is a bit of misinformation. gamin works fine on my nfs home directory.

But it works by polling, while fam queries the remote fam server which
is notified by dnotify.

Sure, but I hope you agree that "works by polling" is different from
"can only do local files".

How about... a working desktop? Gamin is responsible for bugs in
gnome-menus where the menu becomes empty. This doesn't happen when using
gnome-vfs.

Then you must be happy that gamin is now using the exact same
inotify code as gnome-vfs...

Matthias