Re: Trying to reach consensus for the proposed modules

On Thu, January 12, 2006 11:00 am, Vincent Untz said:
>  + atomix: I don't remember seeing much discussion for this one. What do
> people think? Is Callum here? What do you think?

We need a way of getting good games like atomix into the main distribution
without them becoming yet another module.

The traditional technique would involve putting atomix into the
gnome-games tarball, but this is a really crappy way to do it (bloat,
inflexibility, etc.). Conversely we don't want the main release notes
cluttered up with "yet another game".

One option would be to just include the release notes and tarball location
of games like atomix in the gnome-games release notes so that it looks
like its part of gnome-games, but isn't really. I don't know how to
integrate this well with the rest of the gnome infrastructure though.

 - Callum