Re: Gnome 2.14 Module Proposal: Nautilus-actions

On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 13:08 +0100, RUAUDEL Frédéric wrote:
> I would like to propose Nautilus-actions for inclusion in the next
> release of the Gnome Desktop 2.14.

I'd love to see this idea in GNOME, but I think it should be implemented
slightly differently.

I think the core of the actions code should be merged into Nautilus, and
then the Manage Actions... menu entry removed and the dialog it shows
moved into the File Management preferences dialog (which seems more
logical to me, as Manage Actions has nothing to do with the currently
selected file).  This way when a user hasn't created any actions there
is nothing added to the context menus, adding a more streamlined feel to
the system.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./