Gnome 2.14 Module Proposal: Nautilus-actions

Dear all,

I would like to propose Nautilus-actions for inclusion in the next release of the Gnome Desktop 2.14.

I hope that it is not too late but it seems that the final decision will be taken on 18th of January during
the Feature and Module Freeze.

* Nautilus-actions* is an extensions for nautilus which allow to add arbitrary program to launch through the nautilus popup menu of selected files.

Each time you right-click on one or several selected files in nautilus, *nautilus-actions* will look at its configured actions to see if a program has been setup for this selection. If it is the case, it will add an item in the menu that allow you to execute the program on the selected files.

It works like the present nautilus-scripts but appears in a contextual manner so it will not launch a script against files that are not appropriate, if well configured of course.

Additionally, nautilus-action is part of the project "UNIX power for desktop" initiated by Rodrigo Moya [1]

I've just released a new release (0.99) with some new features that improves its integration in the Gnome desktop (full C code, GConf configuration, better UI).

The project is registered in Gnome CVS :

http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/nautilus-actions

The project website is available here :

http://www.grumz.net/taxonomy/term/8/9

Some screenshots are available here :

http://www.grumz.net/taxonomy/term/5/9

There is still some usability issues that will be addressed soon :

- Dialogs don't feet in a 800x600 screen : will be fixed in next version
- Bloats nautilus popup menu : needs possibility to setup submenu => will be available in Nautilus in 2.14 release, AFAIK

Should I have to update the Gnome Wiki page or is it the responsibility of someone in particular ?

Thanks in advance,

Frederic Ruaudel
grumz grumz net

[1] http://live.gnome.org/UnixPowerForDesktop

begin:vcard
fn:Frederic RUAUDEL
n:RUAUDEL;Frederic
org:EMBL Grenoble Outstation;Computer & Network Team
email;internet:ruaudel embl fr
title:System Administrator
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1