Re: SVG (at least for icons) [Was: Industrial as default theme?]

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 12:14:06 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> I don't think I've seen a simple, one-size-fits-all SVG icon theme. Most
> of them are quirky or over-stylised, which are fine things if you're
> making a conscious decision, but not so great for a sensible default
> theme. Could you point out some SVG icon themes that would be
> appropriate to choose as the default?

I thought one problem with SVG icons was that they had problems looking
good when scaled down. I'm not sure if the icon theming system can deal
with using hand-tweaked PNGs for say 16x16 icons, but using SVG once the
icon goes above a particular size, and I'm not sure how good that would
look anyway.

Besides, remember those of us who still use 1024x768 or (gasp) 800x600!
The current Gnome artwork looks great, very professional, and there's no
need to abandon that straight away.

thanks -mike