Re: Industrial as default theme?

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 12:09, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Hey - today's the day for raising potentially controversial stuff! Yaaay! We
> love controversy! GIVE ME A "C"! GIVE ME AN "O"! Okay, alright, I'm over it.
>
> Today, I asked some of the Ximians whether it would be appropriate to ship
> Industrial with GNOME, potentially as the default theme (because we all know
> GNOME needs a better default theme)... It sounds as if this might be doable.
>
> So, if this were confirmed, with Industrial proposed for inclusion in 2.8,
> how about we make the switch? :-)

For the widget theme, sure.  The metacity theme might need some work.
I've personally found that it doesn't really look that great even with
Industrial.  Additionally, the rounded corners are something that should
perhaps be avoided for now; without good transparency support, they look
very jagged/ugly, and we might not want to have that in the default
desktop.

The Simple metacity theme (I think that's a default theme, yes?) minus
the pinstripes in the title area looks very good with Industrial, and is
much easier on the eyes, to boot.

> Thanks,
>
> - Jeff
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.