RE: Clipboard daemon

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 05:39:35PM +0100, Hongli Lai wrote:
> > Jody Goldberg wrote:
> > >from irrate kde users who are not happy their machine has
> ground to a
> > >halt just because they did a 'select all' in a sheet.
> > >

> > My patch only stores CLIPBOARD, not PRIMAIRY.
>
> spreadsheets always have a selection, and hence can not use
> PRIMARY without disabling it's utility for all other apps as
> we continuously grab it.  select + copy goes to clipboard.

I'm frequently confused by the various X clipboard systems [1], but ...

It looks like Hongli is saying "my daemon doesn't use PRIMARY" and Jodi is
saying "Gnumeric doesn't use PRIMARY". So where's the problem?

Hongli, when someone just selects some cells in Gnumeric without even
copying, would you expect that to result in a large transfer of data when
using your clipboard daemon?

[1] I have read
http://pdx.freedesktop.org/Standards/clipboards-spec/clipboards.txt

Murray Cumming