panel size on different resolutions

Hi,
	Recap on the problem: we currently specify the panel size in pixels,
but this means that on really large resolutions the panel may appear too
small and, conversely, on really small resolutions the panel may appear
way too big.

	So, it occurred to me that perhaps what we want is the panel size to be
specified in points instead of pixels. This means that the panel would
occupy the same physical size on the screen no matter what the
resolution.

	Thoughts ?

Cheers,
Mark.