Re: migrating to new backend format

On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 01:54, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 19:01, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 16:59, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > >   Keep the ~/.gconf but use different file names.
> > > Parallel install should still be doable, and trying to open the
> > > old resource might still be doable too,
> >
> > That's a thought. We could just use something other than the
> > "%gconf.xml" (which was a bad name anyway).
>
> certainly not convenient, no.  if it's going to be one file per app,
> then appname.xml or appname.gconf.xml would work perhaps?

hhm, if so, what about just using the same .gconf/ directory? Then, when
looking for a key, say in /apps/evolution/calendar, it would look in
~/.gconf/apps/ for a file called evolution.gconf.xml (or whatever). If
not found, it would look in the good old
~/.gconf/apps/evolution/calendar/*gconf.xml.

cheers