Re: migrating to new backend format

On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 16:59, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   Keep the ~/.gconf but use different file names.
> Parallel install should still be doable, and trying to open the
> old resource might still be doable too,

That's a thought. We could just use something other than the
"%gconf.xml" (which was a bad name anyway).

The reason for the "%" is that character can't occur in gconf
subdirectory names, other chars that could be used:

static const gchar invalid_chars[] =

The idea of % iirc was to avoid chars the shell cares about.

The other approach would be to escape the subdirectory names in some
way, though this is problematic if sharing a tree with the old backend.

Havoc