Update: 2.2 Proposed Modules List

Hi everyone,

The discussion about our proposed modules ground to a halt, so I thought it
would be good to do a status update. I've split the list into LIKELY, DUNNO
and UNLIKELY. 'DUNNO' just means that there has been no discussion about the
module either way. I've also listed concerns for some.

LIKELY:

  - file-roller: Archive creation, browsing, and unpacking utility.

  - ggv: PDF and PostScript viewer. (a11y concerns)

  - gnome-icon-theme: Default GNOME icon theme.

  - gnome-themes: Package of default themes for GNOME, including GTK+ and
    icon themes designed for accessibility.

  - metacity: Window manager. Proposed to replace Sawfish as default window
    manager.

  - startup-notification: A minimal library that supports the new startup
    notification spec from freedesktop.org.

DUNNO:

  - galeon: Web browser. Depends on Mozilla.

  - gnome-media: Not a new module, but noted here because the latest branch

  - gstreamer/gst-plugins: Multimedia framework libraries.

  - gst-player: Media player. Depends on GStreamer.

  - nautilus-media: Multimedia support for Nautilus, including replacement
    music view and video thumbnailing. Depends on GStreamer.

  - vte: Terminal widget with improved font, internationalisation and
    accessibility support. Designed to replace libzvt.

UNLIKELY:

  - acme: Daemon and configuration utility for 'special' keys on modern
    multimedia keyboards and notebooks.

  - gcalctool: Scientific calculator. Proposed to replace gnome-calculator.
    depends on GStreamer. (usability issues, prefer to have simple calc with
    advanced modes)

  - gnomemeeting: Video and audio conferencing client based on h323. Depends
    on pwlib and openh323, which are available at gnomemeeting.org.

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
   "There, I did it... I defiled a timeless piece of ART!" - Jim Carrey,
                          covering I Am The Walrus