Re: lock down features

> Well if this is really that important for bigger sites then why not
> just  have a seperate patch against GNOME that somehow works now and
> can be  integrated into cvs later, say in 2.3? Big sites should be able
> to patch  recompiled GNOME without to much problems...

Maintaining patches is a huge pain for large sites, unless you have someone
doing it for you (Red Hat, Ximian, etc., all ship patched GNOMEs).

> This way some can have it real soon, and we get a maturer
> implementation  at the end.

But we'd also be spending the cycles in this development period, which would
be better spent fixing bugs on the features we already have (and there
hasn't been enough discussion of the proposed modules list so far...)

- Jeff