Re: lock down features

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 07:34:19PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > /apps/panel/capabilities/can_move_applets
> > /apps/panel/capabilities/can_move_panels
> > /apps/panel/capabilities/can_add_remove_panels
> > /apps/panel/capabilities/can_add_remove_applets
> >
> > (or alternatively a can_add_remove and can_move flag per-applet to lock
> > the particular applet)
>
> We should be *very* cautious about adding new stuff such as this after the
> feature freeze, and without a game-plan document (or at least discussion).
> Even more cautious looking at the schedule, and what we have to achieve
> already by January. I'm pretty sure that Luis will object / have a fit /
> break down in tears.

Well if this is really that important for bigger sites then why not just
have a seperate patch against GNOME that somehow works now and can be
integrated into cvs later, say in 2.3? Big sites should be able to patch
recompiled GNOME without to much problems...

This way some can have it real soon, and we get a maturer implementation
at the end.

Martin H.