Re: [Deskbar] History persistance

I think you're right about history as it's now implemented being the correct default.  Your keyboard shortcut would work for me just fine but I don't know if a keyboard-only feature is a good idea.

Perhaps: click on the deskbar icon for history, then right-click on the search item to paste it into the entry field with the selection list popping up?  (With <ctrl-enter> as the keyboard shortcut.)  I know right-click is normally for a context menu, and putting this on a context menu makes it slightly more "discoverable", but I don't know what else you would put on the menu -- or maybe the selection list is the context menu? Sounds very complicated, doesn't it?

Jose