About to declare 'unmaintained'

Dear friends,
You must have seen this coming. Lack of time of both me and Joe
(personally communicated) has left the beagle project practically
unmaintained. We wanted to do a final release, and Joe even managed to
check-in some patches from the bugzilla. We have been talking about it
among us since the summer and *sigh*... I havn't found the time and
right frame of mind to gather everything, do the testing and roll a
tarball. I am not sure when I will get time to do it. But the trunk is
stable, so feel free to use it.

I am still not completely demotivated, just that a lot is going on
right now, enough to keep me occupied. I try and will try to reply to
emails within a few days ... but please lower your expectations =( If
it helps, there will be one final release before this project is
officially orphaned.

As of now, the evolution backend needs a rewrite because of the new
Evolution API for indexing. I don't know much about its complexity.
There are few other backends that are obsolete due to their move to
sqlite based storage ... they need a rewrite too. There are multiple
query clients ... CLI, gtk, kde, web (the web-interface is broken in
0.3.9 but fixed in trunk) and they seem to be working fine without
major problems. Query can be done remotely and there is an RDF
interface to the indexed data if anyone is interested in data-mining.
We already support a lot of file formats and adding new format is
pretty easy (as simple as writing a script for simple formats).

There are lots of challenging improvements or bugfixes in the TODO
list, of different orders of complexity - so if you want to learn more
about beagle internals or just get your hands dirty with C# (that is
how I landed here), I am sure I can make concrete suggestions.

And once again, any support in any form is most welcome.
Thanks to all of you for your support and help in the previous years,