Webservices?

[cc:s appreciated, though I will try to look at the archives]

Hi,

We run a workstation environment (ca. 100 clients), and since I saw
somewhere something about beagle webservices, I though running a beagled
indexing the company-wide shared folder structure somewhere, with the users
accessing this through the beagle webservice would be nice.

However, I'm told the webservice was deprecated some time ago.  What is the
current "official" way to index company-wide data?  Each user creating his
own index seems to be suboptimal ;-)

Also: is there any way a shared index could support ACLs, so each user would
only see documents where he has access rights?

thanks in advance
-- vbi

--
featured link: http://www.pool.ntp.org