Re: [Beagle] How to I un-install beagle?

Hi,

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 17:12 -0200, Jorge Stolfi wrote:
> Beagle is great, but I need to uninstall it
> (stop all daemons permanently and remove the
> index diretories).  What is the proper way to
> do that?

To do it system-wide, the best thing to do is remove the beagle package.

On most distributions, it's started automatically because it's included
in the autostart directory (/etc/xdg/autostart).  Removing the beagle
files from there will prevent it from starting up automatically for all
users.  You may also have to remove it from ~/.config/autostart on a
per-user basis.

You can remove per-user index directories by just blowing away
~/.beagle.  On most distributions system-wide indexes are stored
in /var/cache/beagle.