Re: More on mime wierdness

indexables - does this point to a difference in mime-detection for child
indexibles?  Is the mime detection done exclusively by beagle or is it my
system setup that is inconsistant?  Where in my system config is the mime
'database' ?

Beagle always uses xdgmime and shared-mime-info to detect mimetypes.
No exceptions (err... except when exclusively mentioned in the data
source like email attachments, where mimetype to be used is specified
in the email itself - this is in accordance with the xdgmime spec).

The main mime database file is /usr/share/mime/packages/freedesktop.org.xml
http://www.gnome.org/learn/admin-guide/latest/mimetypes-database.html
nicely summarizes the rules of the game (it does not anything special
to gnome, except that I find it easier to understand than the
freedesktop.org one).

I will produce some test case examples, showing the logs, in a day or two
when I have chance!

That would be useful in knowing if anything is incorrect in beagle
though I highly doubt so.