Re: stuck in file crawl task loop

Hi Brian,

Oh, but that means I am going to wipe the no-automatic-heap-shotting in

In 0.2.16, you can give "--heap-shot --no-shapshots" to enable
heap-shot without automatic snapshots.

For completeness, once heap-shot is enabled, you can issue "kill -PROF
`pidof beagled`" to snaphot the heap-usage of beagled at that moment.
If you are seeing high memory usage (about 100 MB RSS or so), then a
heap-shot 10 seconds after beagled starts indexing and then a few
others on the way might be helpful in figuring out what is allocating
all that memory. Sending the signals causes beagled to dump the
snapshot in a file named *.omap in the current directory or the
directory pointed to by the environment variable BEAGLE_HEAP_SHOT_DIR.

If you generate these snapshots, please send them along with the
standard beagle log files to me or Joe. Thanks,