cannot find files with extension bug?

Hi,

According to http://beagle-project.org/Searching_Data I should be able
to search for documents with a certain extension that contain a certain
word or phrase:
Search in .Extension: Use extension:abc or ext:abc or .abc to search
among documents with .abc extension.
..

No matter the syntax I use, I cannot find any documents that have an
extension like .[Jj]ava that contain a certain word. It seems to work
for .pdf and .doc files.

Is this a bug or by design?

BTW: can I change (or disable) the auto search time between the end of
typing and the start of the query in the graphical "Beagle
Search" (without recompiling Beagle)? I type (or think;-) slow and the
query takes off far too soon.

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld