Re: Beagle 0.2.6, ppt files not being indexed using Fedora Core 5 installation

Hi,

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 19:01 +0200, Sean Carlos wrote:
> Well, sort of.. I have
>
> libgsf-1.so.113

That's different.  Those numbers are essentially version numbers, so
there's no guarantee that .so.1 is compatible with .so.113 (and by
convention it means that they're incompatible).

> Performing
>
> ln -s libgsf-1.so.113 libgsf-1.so.1

This could cause crashes, for the reason I mentioned above.

> Now, I'm out of my league - is the 113 suffix a Fedora packaging issue I
> should report in the Fedora bugzilla?   Should the Fedora rpm have
> created the symbolic link I note above?  Or is this an issue of beagle
> intolerance of the final version number?  A full list of "libgsf" files
> follows:

The bug is in your gsf-sharp.  If that comes from Fedora packages, then
it'd be a bug in their packages, because the gsf-sharp package says that
the library is "libgsf-1.so.1" and not "libgsf-1.so.113".