Re: Beagle Problems

Hi again

I've think I've finally caught the culprit of the problem, but I'm not
sure how to fix it...

I ran dbus-monitor whilst running best, and this is what I got:

signal interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=ServiceOwnerChanged;
sender=org.freedesktop.DBus
string::1.1
string:
string::1.1
method call interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=Hello; sender=:1.1
error name=org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied;
sender=org.freedesktop.DBus
string:A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this
message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected
message had interface "(unset)" member "(unset)" error name
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod" destination ":1.1")
method call interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=ServiceExists;
sender=:1.1
string:org.freedesktop.DBus
error name=org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied;
sender=org.freedesktop.DBus
string:A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this
message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected
message had interface "(unset)" member "(unset)" error name
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod" destination ":1.1")
method call interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=AddMatch; sender=:1.1
string:type='signal'
method call interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=ServiceExists;
sender=:1.1
string:com.novell.Beagle
error name=org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied;
sender=org.freedesktop.DBus
string:A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this
message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected
message had interface "(unset)" member "(unset)" error name
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod" destination ":1.1")
error name=org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied;
sender=org.freedesktop.DBus
string:A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this
message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected
message had interface "(unset)" member "(unset)" error name
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod" destination ":1.1")
signal interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=ServiceOwnerChanged;
sender=org.freedesktop.DBus
string::1.2
string:
string::1.2
method call interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=Hello; sender=:1.2
error name=org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied;
sender=org.freedesktop.DBus
string:A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this
message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected
message had interface "(unset)" member "(unset)" error name
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod" destination ":1.2")
signal interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=ServiceOwnerChanged;
sender=org.freedesktop.DBus
string:com.novell.Beagle
string:
string::1.2
method call interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=AcquireService;
sender=:1.2
string:com.novell.Beagle
int32:0
error name=org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied;
sender=org.freedesktop.DBus
string:A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this
message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected
message had interface "(unset)" member "(unset)" error name
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod" destination ":1.2")
method call interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=ServiceExists;
sender=:1.2
string:org.freedesktop.DBus
error name=org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied;
sender=org.freedesktop.DBus
string:A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this
message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected
message had interface "(unset)" member "(unset)" error name
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod" destination ":1.2")
method call interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=AddMatch; sender=:1.2
string:type='signal'
[...]
signal interface=com.novell.Beagle.Query; member=StartedEvent;
sender=:1.2
(unknown arg type 111)
signal interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=ServiceOwnerChanged;
sender=org.freedesktop.DBus
string::1.1
string::1.1
string:

This is using the CVS dbus code. Any ideas?

Rob.