Re: Beagle Problems

Hi,

On 04/10/04 22:29, Rob Sharp wrote:
uluru:/home/robsh# eval 'dbus-launch'
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS='unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-DmXFD3Kf05'
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_PID=17578

Here you should try replacing the single quotes with backticks, otherwise those environment variables aren't set. i.e.:
  $ eval `dbus-launch`

The Beagle wiki has some more detailed info on making sure your D-BUS setup is running properly. Other than that, as Jon said, try beagled with the --nofork option.

When I start the dbus session, there's nothing named in /tmp named the
same as the random alphas (DmXFD3Kf05). Any ideas? It's probably
something really simple...

I don't think this is an issue, as the D-BUS socket given is an abstract path, meaning that a file doesn't actually exist for it. Well, that's my completely non-technical understanding of it!

Regards,
Chris