Re: hi, I want to join the conduit development

On 03/01/2013 01:53 AM, Alexandre Rosenfeld wrote:
Hi there,

There hasnt been any more activity in Conduit for a while. My project to make it work as a daemon was never integrated in Conduit since the mantainers stopped it's development soon after my summer of code finished. The code dump for my project can be found here (http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code-2009-gnome/downloads/detail?name=Alexandre_Rosenfeld.tar.gz). I have no idea if it still fits the master branch, but you can try.

I always belived the main interface for Conduit was terrible and it was best if it was a system service instead. My project was somehow successfull, you can run Conduit without the GUI (you always could in a sense, but I fixed some problems with that).
But I also believe that the code base has rotten a lot, since many of it's dependencies have released new versions which might be incompatible now (PyGObject comes to mind).

I'm still interested in the idea of what Conduit does, but I'm not sure the code in it's current state is up to it. If you really plan to move it forward I can help you, either with the current code or the concepts behind it.

Regards,
Alexandre

Alexandre Rosenfeld